What Is Traineeship?
A Traineeship combines learning in the classroom and experience in the workplace to improve employment outcomes for participants and increase retention and productivity in the sector.
Partner Employers provide work-based learning opportunities and collaborate with Education and Training Boards (ETBs) on existing and new programmes to identify skills gaps in different sectors and industries.
Over 75 programmes are available nationally in a range of industries with new Traineeships being developed on an ongoing basis by ETBs. You’ll find a list of Traineeships below.
- Lead to an award at NFQ Levels 4-6, or equivalent.
- Are between 6-20 months in duration.
- Include at least 30% of learning on-the-job.
- Combine transversal and technical skills development.
- Are designed for flexible delivery – online, face-to-face, blended learning.
- Provide open access to prospective trainees, unemployed people may be eligible for income support.
- Respond to an identified industry skills need.
Please Note:Not all Traineeships detailed below will be available nationally at all times and elements of Traineeships may vary (in content, award, duration, etc). The following provides a general overview of Traineeships available, further information on programmes available in your area can be obtained from your local ETB.