The ETBI Youth Support Service (YSS) was established in July 2019 to:
- Facilitate collective engagement of Youth/Liaison Officers to inform sectoral positions.
- Facilitate collective engagement of ETBs to agree sectoral objectives and develop agreed approaches in response to youth work policy and youth work programmes/schemes.
- Represent the views of the sector with key stakeholders using agreed structures.
- Maintain and develop close working relationships with key stakeholders including DCEDIY, DES, National Youth Work Organisations etc.
- Provide operational support to ETBs
In 2019 ETBI established a Youth Work Network (YWN) to collectively represent the ETBs and promote their interests in relation to their youth work function as set out in the Education and Training Boards Act 2013. The YWN is a joint subcommittee of the ETBI Directors of Further Education and Training Forum and the ETBI Director of Schools Forum.