All FET COVID-19 News and Resources can be found on the Digital Library ‘Reopening and Induction’ page.
- COVID-19 documents: for documents relating to managing COVID-19
- COVID-19 videos: for videos relating to managing COVID-19
- General Induction Resources: for resources relating to the FET sector as a whole
- ETBI: introducing the roles and responsibilities of ETBI
Please find all relevant COVID-19 Documents below:
Reopening: COVID-19 Documents
- Details of restrictions to FET activity in January 2021 due to COVID-19
Further to this, note that Leaving Certificate and Leaving Certificate Applied students in FET are to have the same provisions as school applied. As such, further to the Government announcement 06/01/2021, all tuition including Leaving Certificate and LCA will move to being primarily online in FET.
- Practical guidance for FET Institutions to safely deliver teaching and learning activities drawn up ETBI and SOLAS, informed by public health advice and endorsed by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
- A framework for preparing FET learner inductions
- As above, translated into Irish
- Tips for Directors of Schools for supporting school Principals support their schools
- What to do after a case of COVID-19 is confirmed
- As given in the HSE’s Management of Infectious Diseases in Schools
- Preferred email address for use in relation to Covid 19 queries.
- A template to facilitate the collection of core data relating to FET Institution contacts arising from a Public Health Risk Assessment undertaken as part of the Covid 19 FET Sector Pathway
- This document provides guidance on the steps and processes to be in place across further education and training institutes to effectively and efficiently respond to COVID-19 and includes prevention measures and procedures for responding to suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19 on site.
- This document provides guidance on Further Education and Training services provision for December 2020 and planning for the remainder of the Academic Year 2020/2021.
These resources will be updated continuously. https://library.etbi.ie/reopening