QQI Briefing on Programme Validation for Apprenticeship
A Workshop for ETBs on Preparing to Apply for Validation of Apprenticeship Programmes was given by QQI in the Lecture Theatre, Pipers Hill yesterday. The workshop, which was very well attended and positively received, provided an opportunity for colleagues to engage directly with QQI on quality assurance of new apprenticeship programmes.
The following topics were addressed:
- Using the Topic-Specific Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines for providers of Statutory Apprenticeship Programmes
- Awards Standards and using the Professional Award-type Descriptors in the design of apprenticeship programmes
- Mapping Minimum Intended Programme Outcomes against Professional Award-type Descriptors
- Using the Core Policies and Criteria for the Validation by QQI of Programmes of Education and Training
- Guidelines on preparing an application for validation