ETBI is the national representative body for member ETBs and negotiates on behalf of the ETB sector at various fora both within the education sector, the wider public service and at EU level.
ETBI’s Principal Object is to promote the development of education, training and youthwork in Ireland.
- Represents, protects and actively promotes the interest of the members of the Association and the general membership within the ETB sector
- Consults and negotiates at national level on behalf of ETB members with Government Departments, trade unions and with a range of other relevant bodies and authorities.
- Represents ETBs at national level in their capacity as employers and managerial authorities in matters of industrial relations and represents the general membership on fora such as Teachers’ Conciliation Council, the Teaching Council, etc.
- Consults, associates and affiliates with other relevant bodies on matters of mutual interest on education sector policy development.
- Devises and delivers appropriate education and training programmes targeted at the general membership within the ETB sector
- Responds, on behalf of the ETB sector, to national issues raised in the media.
- Is also the nominating body to the Cultural and Education panel for Seanad Eireann.