ETBI FET Digital Library
The ETBI FET digital library is intended to provide access to digital resources that support teaching and learning practices and to enhance the educational experience for learners. The digital library will offer resources for supporting learning as well as providing a support tool for teachers, trainers, and instructors.
The objectives of the digital library are:
- The development of a user-focused library website
- To develop the information literacy skills of learners (and practitioners)
- The cost-effective acquisition and provision of access to relevant material and information sources, primarily in an electronic format.
- To promote the education of all digital library users so that they acquire the ability to effectively source, retrieve and make full use of material for themselves
- The marketing of library resources, promoting their use and exploitation by the learning & teaching community
- To satisfy QQI validation and accreditation criteria regarding the provision of resources to learners
- Help to foster a (scholarly) publishing culture among teaching staff and showcase their expertise
- Keep abreast of developments in both the library & information field and general academic trends
- Contribute to the policy-making structure of the organisation
The key benefits of a Digital Library for the ETB sector include:
- Availability of resources for new programme development
- Providing access to distributed learners (over a distant geographical area in the case of national apprenticeships),
- Facility to leverage a range of diverse and up to date learning resources required for programmes in a cost-effective model for the sector.
While still under construction, new pages and sections will be added on an ongoing basis.
The digital library can be accessed at http://library.etbi.ie.