ETBI & National Youth Council of Ireland sign Memorandum of Understanding
L-R (Back row) James Doorley (Deputy Director NYCI), Ann McHugh (Chief Executive of Donegal ETB), Mary Mooney ( Director of CDYSB) L-R (Front Row) Mary Cunningham (Director NYCI), Michael Moriarty (General Secretary ETBI)
Memorandum of Understanding between Education and Training Boards Ireland and National Youth Council of Ireland
NYCI and ETBI have shared priorities in leading and supporting work that is focused on supporting and challenging young people to become the best they can be.
Shared ambitions for the next 5 years are:
- That all young people will have access to high quality youth work
- That Ireland’s ambition for young people is supported by sustainable investment in youth work.
- That the youth sector workforce, both paid and volunteer is supported to ensure ongoing development of expertise and skills
- That the positive role and impact of youth work in achieving the 5 national outcomes for children and young people is reflected in policy and acknowledged by policy makers and other key stakeholders.
The purpose of this MOU is
- To increase collaboration based on common interest and professional respect.
- Build and strengthen partnership working
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities in any future work
- Initiate support and monitor collaborative approaches to planning and working together
- Establish coherent approaches to strategic planning, including representation, as appropriate on relevant strategic and operational groups